Get in Touch
We would love to hear from you and help you plan the perfect event or party.
1) All Prices are exclusive of VAT and Delivery
2) Our standard rate covers a hire period of 3 days. Additional days will be charged out at extended hire charges. Long term
hire by quotation.
3) Losses or breakages will be charged per item. Crockery and glassware returned chipped will be charged as broken. Plastic
cartons and crates will be charged for if damaged or lost, including damage caused by wet/dampness.
A copy of our current breakage charges can be supplied on request.
4) COVID Please note that we are now supplying certain items in pack quantities to minimise handling and risk; Crockery x
10s sealed bag, Cutlery x 10s sealed bag, Glassware full crates. All items now have to be washed by our staff on return, so
there is no clean return policy at present. We will continually monitor our processes to do all we can to ensure best
working practice for our staff and customers, and work within government guidelines.
5) Deliveries and collections are quoted per vehicle for door to door (ground floor) service by a single driver between 830am
and 430pm Mon Fri. Hirers should ensure that they or their representatives have suitable staff at the delivery address to
receive / return goods. Wasted journeys will be charged for. Please ensure you have sufficient manual assistance on hand
to help with the moving / siting and removal of equipment, especially at difficult locations ( eg. Marquees, office premises,
large halls, locations off ground floor level). Where delivery entails our staff moving goods to / from a previously
unarranged specific area and /or having to reassemble / break down equipment after use and extra labour and time is
involved, additional costs will be charged.
6) All shortages, damaged (including broken or chipped items) or incorrectly delivered items should be reported to the office
(0131 317 7066) within 12 hours of either delivery by Platehire and Clean or collection from the hirer. Our opening hours
are Mon Fri 9am 430pm.
7) No substitute items will be accepted under any circumstances.
8) Platehire and Clean Ltd accept no responsibility for any injuries resulting from the use of any hired items.
9) The linen hire charge includes the cost of laundry. Please ensure that the linen is completely dry and free of all debris
before it is packed away for collection, since it can be damaged by mildew if left damp. Any damage to the cloths or
napkins (including rips, holes, mildew, burn marks, hot cooking utensils marks and unmovable candle wax) will be
charged at full replacement cost.
Cancellations and Alterations
10) Cancellation MUST be in writing by either email or letter. Phone messages WILL NOT be accepted.
11) All items on an order confirmation have been booked for you. Items and quantities may not be altered within 72 hours
of the delivery date. If a confirmed order is cancelled or substantially changed, you will be charged;
cancelled prior to 14 days of delivery – no charge
cancelled within 14 days of delivery date – 50% of total cost
cancelled within 7 days of delivery date – 100% of total cost
12) Reduction in order quantities will not be accepted within 5 days of delivery date
Payment Terms Due on Receipt of Invoice
13) A non refundable deposit will be required to secure your order, and this will be set against your final invoice. The
amount of deposit required will be;
Full payment for orders less than £50.00
Deposit of £ 35.00 for orders up to the value of £100
Deposit of £ 75.00 for orders up to the value of £200
Deposit of £150.00 for orders up to the value of £400
Deposit of 50% of total invoice for orders over the value of £400
14) Balance of payment is due on receipt of invoice . If not paid, a late payment charge (LPC) may apply. The LPC for most
invoices starts 30 days after the invoice date.
15) We understand and will exercise our statutory right to charge interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts
(interest) Act 1998 if we are not paid according to the agreed credit
16) For peace of mind, we strongly recommend that suitable insurance be taken out by the customer as all equipment is the
responsibility of the customer during the hire period, including equipment left on other premises.
Please note these terms and conditions are assumed to be accepted unless Platehire and Clean are notified otherwise in writing.
Effective from Jan 1st 2022